Join us Behind the Scenes of our First Photoshoot
Stylish clothes, elegant backgrounds, radiant smiles. That’s what lies in front of the cameras in a fashion photoshoot. But have you ever wondered what happens behind the scenes? In April 2019, the first Aristocracy London collection of limited edition 3 piece suits was ready to launch and a team of people worked tirelessly over two days to put our lookbook together.
To showcase our luxury designs, we wanted to collaborate with fashion models who represent our values and the lifestyle of our customers: professionals who are trying to balance a busy work and social schedule and often have to go long hours in a suit. Yiannis, a civil engineer in a busy London firm, and Matt, a business consultant, were perfect for the role and contributed to the shoot with their sense of style and fun approach. Two photographers and one videographer documented the two days, our brand stylist was always nearby to make sure the output was representative of our fashion approach and a make-up artist added light finishing touches. Our office manager was the star of the photoshoot, making sure everything ran on time and budget, and also ensuring everyone was fed, watered and happy.
Backstage fun facts
- The 2 day photoshoot produced 2,154 stills and 12 short videos. Once an initial selection was made, these were edited and retouched.
- Nibbles were available throughout the day but at the end of each session both the crew and models voted for large orders of pizza.
- During the shoot, the team went through 6 bottles of prosecco, 2 bottles of brandy and 1 bottle of gin.
- Matt’s dog was booked in for the park photoshoot but opted for a cosy day in at the last minute.
- Yiannis’ team was playing a crucial match on day 1 and special provisions needed to be made for a screen facing him at all times. You can see which photos were taken after the victorious outcome from his smiling face.
- Our crew enjoyed a night of partying after day 1 which significantly delayed the start of day 2.